Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image Posting Guide
Hi members!

Some have mentioned they find it difficult to upload pictures to the forum. If you are having problems the following guide should help smooth the process out for you.

You will need an online image storage service. I have used Photobucket for this guide as I have found it the easiest to use. It's free and you can sign up in seconds using your Facebook or Google+ account. You get plenty of storage space (I believe it's unlimited). If you are using another image storage service this guide may help but you may find some elements are slightly different.

Step 1
- Sign in to Photobucket and upload your pictures.
You can either browse to them by clicking 'Choose photos & videos' or simply drag and drop from a folder on your PC.

[Image: Untitled-1_zpsfixbh6vw.jpg]

Step 2 - Click 'Library' to view your uploaded images, then click on the image you want to include in your post.

[Image: Untitled-2_zpsrinxv6mh.jpg]

Step 3 - When you have opened the image you want to use, under 'SHARE THIS PHOTO', click the 'IMG' box. 
This will automatically copy a link to the image to your clipboard. The link will be automatically formatted for use in a forum post.

[Image: Untitled-3_zpsbmogbduh.jpg]

Step 4 - Go to your new post on the forum. Right-click and 'Paste' in the body field (or Ctrl+V).

[Image: Untitled-4_zpshl5wx11l.jpg]

Your image should immediately appear in the post!

[Image: Untitled-5_zpshwfwzwud.jpg]

If you find you can't see where you're typing, as I did while posting this, you can click the 'View Source' button to show the image links instead of the images.

[Image: Untitled-6_zpsf8nohz5j.jpg]
VOC#99

In a Nutshell, "Bugger all that" i can be in London & back in that time.
LOL, it's easy Dave, I'll show you how next week, open a photobucket account ready for when I get down to see you, lot easier than it looks in the pictures, honest.
TEST
[Image: IMG_0147_zpsndvng4io.jpg]
Easy he said!!!!!!!, Suppose so
Nice one!
VOC#99
(07-02-2016, 10:11 AM)Walkey Wrote: Nice one!
Hey Ross, Mick has now seen how bad our internet is, almost like old Dial Up, but got my Photobucket account, and will persevere, but holding off putting a picture of mine up, don't want others to go away tearful. But again, appreciate all your continued hard work. As for the email thing, will wait to speak on phone to talk thru that if you would.

All the best, MLH&R

Zorba #113
How do you post pics now that Photobucket no longer allows free sharing?
There is no such thing as bad weather, it's just inadequate clothing.
(13-08-2017, 09:22 AM)Chippy01 Wrote: How do you post pics now that Photobucket no longer allows free sharing?

Not sure. The principal should be the same with other sites. I will have a look when I get some time.
VOC#99
(13-08-2017, 03:41 PM)Walkey Wrote:
(13-08-2017, 09:22 AM)Chippy01 Wrote: How do you post pics now that Photobucket no longer allows free sharing?

Not sure. The principal should be the same with other sites. I will have a look when I get some time.
[Image: 30774612215_e78f888953_o.jpg]IMG_1450 by Colin Spencer, on Flickr

Open a free Flickr account and it works exactly the same as Photobucket.
(14-08-2017, 06:30 AM)Colin Wrote:
(13-08-2017, 03:41 PM)Walkey Wrote:

[Image: 30774612215_e78f888953_o.jpg]IMG_1450 by Colin Spencer, on Flickr

Open a free Flickr account and it works exactly the same as Photobucket.

OK Colin, I opened a Flickr account.
Now being somewhat challenged on this, how do I post pictures from Flickr to this and other forums? I tried a couple of times and failed miserably with just a small black square with an x in it.
Obviously I am missing a step, or doing something wrong. Any tips please?
There is no such thing as bad weather, it's just inadequate clothing.