Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flasher Relay
Hi Guys,

I have "baggered" the rear of my GL1800 F6C and have removed the OEM rear indicators/turn signals.

Have mounted LEDs in hard boxes and extended wiring.

The turn signals are flashing too fast, even though I've fitted in line resistors of different wattage.

My next step to try cure this is fit an adjustable flasher relay which I have here.

I'm having trouble trying to find/locate the flasher relay on bike.

Can anyone help?

Kind Regards

Kevin
From what I remember from doing this before, those resistors can be a bit finicky. Have you tried wiring them in in reverse or doubling them up on one side to see if that makes a difference? You could also get a selection of resistors from maplins and try different options..
VOC#99
(27-03-2018, 11:26 AM)Walkey Wrote: From what I remember from doing this before, those resistors can be a bit finicky. Have you tried wiring them in in reverse or doubling them up on one side to see if that makes a difference? You could also get a selection of resistors from maplins and try different options..

Hi Walkey,

You are certainly right there, I have tried every combination of resistor, even wiring the OEM in line and see if the new LEDs act as a repeater but nothing.

The flasher relay is my next step but for the life of me can I locate it.

And I'm wondering if its a canbus or solid state unit built into the bikes computer?

Thanks

Kev