Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon
A question often asked, why do we call our bikes "DRAGONS"

Back on Sept. 1, 1996, the first internet site dedicated to the Honda Valkyrie, "The Valkyries' Lair,"  was launched.  The site, built by Craig Buhl, contained the tag line, "For Those Who Ride the Dragon."  Craig referred to the Valkyrie as the Dragon because of the definition of a dragon:

"*Dragon (n.)  A legendary fire breathing beast of great size; renowned for its immense power and ability to fly."

It just caught on and stuck, to this day we still refer to the mighty Honda Valkyrie as "The Dragon"
"I" am a "Dragon Master"
Hi Mick.The site was well worth waiting for.Still gutted could not be with you all at launch.
There is no such thing as a Dragon master.We only have Dragons that allow us to think we are.
Looking forward to seeing some of you again this year.Remember strangers are only friends you have not met yet.
(22-01-2016, 05:35 PM)Dodgybob Wrote: Hi Mick.The site was well worth waiting for.Still gutted could not be with you all at launch.
There is no such thing as a Dragon master.We only have Dragons that allow us to think we are.
Looking forward to seeing some of you again this year.Remember strangers are only friends you have not met yet.

Thanks Dodgy, glad you made it here, it was a shame you couldn't make  the meet last week, but put next years in your Diary, no excuses we'll see you there.
They'll be plenty of chances to get together over the coming riding season, really looking forward to it.
I am really glad I've met so many strangers and look forward to meeting many more.