Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHAPEL OPEN DOORS 8th Oct
Morning fellow Valk Owners,

A open invite to anyone passing through, or near to Lathom (Ormskirk). Our small 15th Century Chapel is holding the Harvest festival and will be nicely decorated by the WI and the Wardens.
The Chapel is open from 11am to 1600pm on Saturday 8th (this Saturday) and yours truly is the official Chapel guard dog Huh

Built after the Battle of Bosworth by the Stanleys it is unchanged in 500 plus years.... oh apart from the musket holes from Cromwell's soldiers!! It is very small... you couldn't get into 3rd gear form alter to knave.

On a more sombre note, our Vicar and congregation has been saying prayers every week for David Martin, the now sadly departed Vice Chairman. For those inclined (or even those that are not) that cannot make it to David's final ride on the 13th, feel free to pop in and offer a prayer.

I know not how to post a map on here BUT here's a link to the map/site. I will make sure I have some coffee/tea just in case Smile Smile

http://www.lathomparkchapel.org/page12.html
Thanks Ian, looks like a nice old chapel you have there, will try and pop up and take a look, you still in work full time? only I still have to get my seat stitching sorted, would be a good place to nail a couple of hours while I wait for it to be done.
A very good idea Ian, sorry but I'm working Saturday I'm pleased that you have got
prayers said for Zorba, nice touch. ?
Mick, yes the job is going well thanks.   I have half a day owing so maybe we could arrange to go to Much Hoole in the near future? If its a couple of hours we could drop your car off and go get a coffee. Would love to see you this saturday.

Sam, thanks mate, as for the prayers.... it's kinda what we do   Smile
(06-10-2016, 08:16 PM)evertonmint Wrote: Mick, yes the job is going well thanks.   I have half a day owing so maybe we could arrange to go to Much Hoole in the near future? If its a couple of hours we could drop your car off and go get a coffee. Would love to see you this saturday.

Sam, thanks mate, as for the prayers.... it's kinda what we do   Smile

I have to pick Mum up in Prestatyn Sat unfortunately, will be away in France till 21st, maybe do car soon after? will see guy over seat and make arrangements.