Valkyrie Owners Club
Hi from Lancashire - Printable Version

+- Valkyrie Owners Club (http://www.valkyrieownersclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Board (http://www.valkyrieownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Introduction Board (http://www.valkyrieownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Hi from Lancashire (/showthread.php?tid=228)

Hi from Lancashire - wildy - 03-07-2016

Hi all,
Thought I would introduce myself after lurking in the shadows. I finally bought a new dark red F6C. I bought it from Wigan Honda after getting a good deal on my BMW GSA LC.
I have been riding since 1998. In that time I have had race bikes, 6 BMW GS ( fabulous all round bike). A Yamaha VMax 1700 ( very fast, but soon got bored with it. Rubbish range and appalling fuel economy). The obligatory Harley Davidson fat boy. ( great looking but a very much love/ hate bike with iffy build quality. 
Other bikes too but always come soon went back to the GS. 
I think this current F6C is great. For one it looks emmense in person. Decent range. It handles well for such a big bike. And most important looks well built. 
I enjoy touring and have rode to Nordkapp, all of Europe and would now like to do it all again in style. 
Would love to meet up in person with local riders and meet other riders from across the continent at meets.
Bored you all enough.
Wildy

RE: Hi from Lancashire - Walkey - 03-07-2016

Welcome mate! Keep an eye out for rideouts on the north-west board.

RE: Hi from Lancashire - yosamite - 05-07-2016

Hello wildy and welcome

RE: Hi from Lancashire - jimi valk - 05-07-2016

Welcome to the mad house

RE: Hi from Lancashire - Mick Manchester - 13-07-2016

Great to see you posting "wildy", welcome to the board, just got back from our Euro trip, I'll post a ride-out on the Northwest page as soon as, unless our Northwest Rep Alan beats me to it, sure he is back from his travels now.
Keep in touch and I'll try and get over to meet soon,
Oh and 650 miles is my limit on the seat of this new bike, gotta be looking for an upgrade, the old one I could sit on for over 1000 24hrs and not have a numb bum lol. got to be the only down side tho I must admit, great ride, you're gonna love it.
Mick.

RE: Hi from Lancashire - wildy - 18-07-2016

Thanks Mick, look forward to meeting up. Today I took it to Rivington Barn and then went to Southport. It got a lot of positive comments including from Rocket owners. 
The red paint looked great in the sun, the flake is amazing and I was asked if it was a custom paint job.
Had the fog lights fitted and next will be the boulevard screen when I can afford it.
Downside are the side covers. I like things secure on a bike, and not impressed that anybody could just pop them off without tools.
Overall loving it. I thought it would be harder to handle but it's,so easy.
Can't wait to get the running in service out of the way.

RE: Hi from Lancashire - Mick Manchester - 18-07-2016

(18-07-2016, 12:28 AM)wildy Wrote: Thanks Mick, look forward to meeting up. Today I took it to Rivington Barn and then went to Southport. It got a lot of positive comments including from Rocket owners. 
The red paint looked great in the sun, the flake is amazing and I was asked if it was a custom paint job.
Had the fog lights fitted and next will be the boulevard screen when I can afford it.
Downside are the side covers. I like things secure on a bike, and not impressed that anybody could just pop them off without tools.
Overall loving it. I thought it would be harder to handle but it's,so easy.
Can't wait to get the running in service out of the way.

I've got family visiting till 28th, might get out one evening but next weekend is a no, should be back to normal thereafter.
Going down to Corby and Dragons in The Park first weekend Aug, couple of the Northwest guys are just down for the Saturday, maybe you could join them? or even consider and over night and ride back with us on the Sunday, great entertainment on the Saturday night, it will also give you a chance to put some nice miles on that there new bike.